Are your teeth being cared for this holiday season? If not, now is the time to change your oral hygiene habits and avoid the holiday risks that can damage your teeth. With all the joys of the holiday season come food and activities that can crack, chip or do other serious harm to your precious teeth. Our team at Family Dentistry wants your smile to shine for the entire holiday season. Here are a few things you can do to protect your teeth from damage:
- If you are considering have your tongue pierced, many metal bars and brackets used for cosmetic piercings can easily crack or chip your teeth.
- Try to avoid chewing on ice this winter. Ice cubes, hard snow, and icicles can all crack, chip, or damage your teeth.
- The holiday season can be stressful at times, but don’t resort to biting on your nails, which can fracture your teeth.
- If you are considering sports such as ice skating, skiing, or hockey, always remember to wear a mouth guard.
- As candy canes become larger and larger, the risk of tooth damage becomes greater and greater.
- Hard candies are a staple of most holiday treats, so be cautious when biting into them, or you may suffer an oral accident.
Take care of your teeth and gums this holidays season, and they will reward you with many more joyous seasons to come. To make an appointment with Dr. Monila Reheman in Madison, New Jersey, please call 973-360-9800. Come in today, and let us help ensure you have a healthy holiday!